Republic’s Venture Arm raising $700 million for Crypto-Focused Funds

TechCrunch’s latest tweet states,” Republic’s venture arm reportedly raising $700million for crypto-focused funds.”

Republic, a securities crowdfunding platform and venture ecosystem, is reported to raise $700 million for two new crypto-focused funds. These funds include a $200 million flagship venture fund and a $500 million fund dedicated to crypto funds. 20% of its capital will be set aside for cryptocurrency token investments while the remaining 80% will go to web3 equity investments.

Since its outset in January of 2019, Republic Capital has invested in over 100 companies  and have been active in the crypto space since. Some of their partnerships include a leading investment in Flipside, a data analytics blockchain tool company that rewards their users for completing queries, and have participated in a Web3 startup CoinDCX’s $135 million fundraising campaign. 

Over the years, Republic has expanded their services growing numbers of verticals, real estate, litigation funding, crypto, and games – for both accredited and non-accredited investors. 

Just last year, Republic raised a $150 million series B led by Valor Equity Partners. The company told TechCrunch that they had raised over $20 million in crypto token sales prior to that round.

Republic reported a 379% growth from 2020 to 2021 and since 2016, has helped over 600 companies raise seed to later-stage funding by facilitating over $700million in funding. 

Last October, Republic CEO Kendrick Nguyen told TechCrunch about their company’s potential plans in creating a compliance-focused secondary market for digital security services.. 

Republic continues to work on raising capital from investors through its crowdfunding platforms including DeFi protocol Ratio Finance and Solana-based treasury management solution Zebek. In February, Republic spun off its Metaverse and NFT-focused investment division, Republic Realm, as a standalone company titled Everyalm, run by CEO, Janine Yorio.